- powerful and responsive braking for a wide range of riding styles
- curable construction with a cool integrated appearance
- smooth and predictable control with balance of power and rigidity
- Servo Wave-, One Way Bleeding- and Ice Tech-Technology
- I-Spec II compatible
- funnel bleeding
- lever anodized, stainless steel clamp bolt
- resin pistons
- IS mount with mount adapter
- caliper painted, steel caliper fixing bolt (5 mm)
- recommended rotors: SM-RT64, SM-RT66, SM-RT54, SM-RT56
- Servo Wave: When you pull a servo wave brake lever initial pad travel is fast, so little lever movement is needed to bring the pads into contact with the rotor. The power multiplication factor then increases rapidly at the pad-to-rim contact so more of the lever stroke is used to apply greater braking power with improved control.
- I-Spec II: The Deore M6000 levers are fit with the new I-Spec II system. This system combines the shifter and brake lever into one clamp that can be mounted on the handlebars. I-Spec II gives more freedom in cockpit placement, saves weight, and more mounting possibilities for a more ergonomic design. Easily installed with smaller clamps leaving more space on the handlebars. Maximum adjustment parameters: vertical 15°, horizontal 12 mm. I-Spec II brakes are not compatible with I-Spec or I-Spec B shifters.
- One Way Bleeding: One way bleeding was developed for quick and easy prevention of air in Shimano’s hydraulic system. Shimano has streamlined the oil route throughout the system to prevent air bubble from being captured in the system. One way oil routing plus a funnel tool with mineral oil provides an easy and clean bleeding system.
- Ice-Tech: The fade, which can occur to rotor and pad when braking on a long downhill ride for instance, has a negative impact on the braking performance. Shimano has adopted Ice Technology rotors and Ice Technology pads to realize the cooling technology for consistent performance. The rotor blade, which has a 3 layer-sandwich structure of stainless steel, aluminium and stainless steel, provides better radiation performance achieving from 400 °C to 300°C surface temperature. Also, the radiation fin has been adopted for the pad. Moreover, the rotor blade and the radiator fin provide long pad life, less noise, less fade and are lightweight