Shimano have now managed to decrease the shift effort by a massive 20% with these M9000 shifters which makes the new XTR groupset the most advanced that Shimano have ever produced for mountain bikes.
The shifter features dual-textured carbon levers which give a light and positive feel with each change of the gear either going up of down the cassette and Shimano claim that it gives the rider the most responsive mechanical shifting in the industry. The ball bearing construction and slick-polymer coated shift cable enable a smooth activation.
There is no better shifter on the market from Shimano and they are really going to have their work cut out if they are to ever improve on this design.
- 20% Lower Shift Effort
- Improved Vivid Index Mechanism
- Longer Carbon, Textured Levers
- Ball Bearing Construction
- Multi / Instant And 2-Way Release
- I-spec II (B) Option Available
- Average Weight: 102 Grams